Wednesday, November 14, 2007

La Ruta day 1

This may go down as one of the most memorable days on a bike for good and bad reasons. I won't go into the details of the race because nothing I write can express the insanity of this event. The good part was I paced myself well and had the power on one of the last 3000ft climbs to move into a solid 7th place overall before missing an unmarked turn about 10k from the finish. I lost a good 30 minutes and at least 12 places not to mention the air out of my sails. The real bummer is I bashed the side of my thigh negotiating the jungle and now have a serious flare of IT band syndrome which from previous experience takes more than overnight to fix but I am working every trick I know. Will see what tomorrow brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home