Monday, October 29, 2007

Crosstoberfest

Kids racing at Crosstoberfest was some of the best I have seen!


what, climbing in a cross race?


ohran demonstrating how not to negotiate a run up, although I think his form is ready for La Ruta, look at those calves.


Ketchum has a cool vibe. Cross racing in a small town is rad. Race results are discussed among locals at the grocery checkout, kids racing with call ups, and cow bells that have seen use on a cow.

Race #1 had all the cash money (which was put up by wobblenaught) and I botched it. After building a solid lead I found I had a softening front tire, after a couple laps of nursing it I was able to switch bikes to my newly built c-dale. After 2 laps on that bike I tore the front tire off the rim on a hot downhill left hander and ground myself into the dirt. I then rode about a lap on the front rim and was passed by CPR. Long story short I changed back to my bike with the slow leak and nursed it to the finish for 2nd, still some coin but not the cash cow.

Race #2 was was nearly on the same course but rather than a large mud hole and run down it included a ski run-run up and high speed gravel descent. I rode steady building a lead throughout to take the Idaho State Championships but because I am not from the ID no medal for me, Cody represented well to take the big spud.

A big thanks to Adrian from Scott for a place to crash, I made a cool bed out of a massage table. Scott Montgomery (off Cannondale and now Scott fame) and his family for a great evening and dinner. B firth for a ride up and showing me some fun trails in Adam's gulch. Ohran for making my running skills look good and a bite of his $13 pancakes. The cyclists and fans in ID for some great racing.

The only bad thing is I missed my family

5 Comments:

Blogger primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

rosie told me you need to step it up on the home front or shes kicking you down to the basement.

when i asked eva today wheres bart she said "whos that"

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Doovie said...

I'll get you those photos soon. I wouldn't want the Sage to come looking for you.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Jennie said...

Although painful at times it was a great race!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Doovie said...

i put some photos up here: flickr.com/photos/doovie. come by the shop thursday or friday morning and i'll have the rest on a cd for you. Or I can just take it to the Heber race.

9:05 AM

 
Blogger rich said...

2 flats in 1 race. I also noticed you had one at the wheeler race. So what are your thoughts on thie tubless thing? I've seen more than a few people haveing thrubles with it this year at the cross races.

Rich

5:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home