Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday

The weekend has come and gone and now it seems I am staring another one in the face. Heber cyclocross was a good time, although the course provided little in the way of technical stimulation. What would have been cool is if the course went right over the big fresh mound of dirt providing a natural run up with a sketchy ride down. This cross season has been a little frustration as I would like to make it to more big races and feel I could ride well at them but with teaching a Monday/Friday course at the U PT school and traveling/racing La Ruta it is just not practical or fare to the family. I guess that's the life of a hack bike racer, huh!


Yesterday I busted out the MTB for a pre La Ruta ride up into the high country. Unfortunately the new scalpel I will be riding won't be here until later this week so I won't have much time to dial it in. Attorney Jared joined me and we rode up Millcreek to the upper trails which were all frozen or snow packed except a few sun exposed muddy spots. We narrowly missed getting to the crest trail as the snow got to deep and well we got to cold. I even tried out a mini hydration pack, although it was more for practice than actually needing fluids, I hate those things but with the jungle heat I think it might be wise. I am also trying to figure out tire selection for La Ruta as it presents many types of terrain, any ideas?

This shot would make a great Reynolds ad!


photo by contender marc: ketchum, ID

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shot would make a great Reynolds add!

Yes, it would. Or at least a great ad. That's why I am stealing it.

RB

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Forrest said...

From what I saw of Costa Rica its either muddy or jagged rocks that can slice a tire. I would take beefy sidewalls over thin. Hydration pack I would think is a must, the inconvenience of it will be made up when you experience the jungle heat for 5 hours straight in the saddle.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

RB- I got a ton of good pics, let me know if you are looking for anything else.

thanks forrest, if I could do the first stage in 5 hrs I would be droping 1hr from Paez's winning time from last year-good luck.

7:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we can use any pics you have. If you have the rights to them and there all in one place, that would be ideal. And of course, my theory is "any picture of me can be used by me".

No shots of you lapping me!!

RB

7:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home