Saturday, March 17, 2007

round in circles

Hit up RMR today for the first time in a couple years. I used to do them all the time but then they got boring and and they don't really mix that well with dirt racing. But with the NORBA in AZ coming up in a couple weeks I figured I needed a little flat speed work and wanted to put the new systemsix through the paces and try out the tweaks I have made to my road position at full speed.

The race was fairly uneventful for a 1st of the year crit and I just followed guys around until it seemed the fast guys were going faster and then I went faster to catch them and we rode around in circles some more until the finish when we went faster, I did not quit go fast enough and ended up 2nd. I rode pretty conservative because my crit confidence was not real high, its not like an MTB race where I know how fast I can go for how long and just pin it. The position on the bike feels good and I actual think I might be beating the hip issue that has been plaguing me, only time will tell. After the race enjoyed a nice cruise with fox and bobby.

The rest of the day was spent with my girls, doesn't get better than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home