Monday, February 19, 2007

ramblings

With the 6 inches of new snow this morning today seemed like a great day to get some work done on the upstairs bedroom. I picked up $400 worth of knotty alder casing and baseboard and started finishing it, should have enough for the other 2 rooms as well. Just a few more pieces to put up and then carpet comes latter this week. This winter project is coming to close.

On the biking front I have been taking easy for a couple days after doing the "guard house tour" with Sager on Saturday. For anyone looking to view the premier gated entries of summit county all of which have guard house's that anyone would love to call home this is a good route: Emigration-parley's-jeremy ranch-red hawk-the preserve-trail side-I80-promontory (tollgate entrance)-hwy40- deer crest- deer valley- park city-parley's-SLC. Yesterday was windy and I rode my MTB on the road to Rosie's mom's house, the wrong direction for an easy ride. Today I am starting to feel recovered but just rode around the neighborhood loop.

The computer on my road bike died for the 3rd time on Saturday and I am tired of reviving it, I hate to get rid of it as it is a sports instruments that the late Bill Corillis gave me and it reminds me to enjoy every ride. Anyway, I am looking for a new one and possibly will get one with wireless cadence and/or altimeter. Anyone know a good one? Anyone used the ibike computer?

Have not been skate skiing in a week in half, once mtn dell and east canyon die I have a harder time getting out. Maybe I will hit up millcreek this week.

Now I just have to decide if I am skiing at sundance tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger gregclimbs said...

i have an ibike you could borrow for a bit if you wanna play with it...

doesn't like cold too much (at least with an older battery)...

has it's pros and cons.

g

1:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wood work is dangerous fingers can be lost very quickly. maybe you should hire a carpenter to install that knotty alder, i hear that the wolfeman is good at wood working.

8:40 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

yea I would love to try it. email me: bartmang@hotmail.com
thanks

9:12 AM

 
Blogger flahute said...

Hey bart ... how is your current SI dying?

I used to do warranty/repair work for Vetta, after they left PC for SF in 1997 (after Bill Corliss left Vetta to start SI). Many SIs have the same guts as Vetta computers.

Most often it's just a matter of battery replacement, although occasionally it's more.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

after thinking about it, an ibike most likely will not be acurate with a backpack on which is how I do a good share of my riding during the week. greg, would you agree.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger gregclimbs said...

bart... I dropped you an email re the ibike. it should work with the backpack... ust needs a recalibration for backpack vs. no backpack.

g

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home