Saturday, October 14, 2006

O'Connor type luck

Maybe I was just not meant to race cross this year. This morning I wake up feeling like I was hit by a small truck, not a big truck, but a truck non the less. Eva has had the green snot nose the last few days so I suspect one of her many kisses got to me while I was worn down from last weekends travels.

So I finally got one of me new Raleigh cross bikes and get it all built up and dialed in but it seems big. The new design has a slopping top tube so I just thought it looked bigger. After riding it around a bit I realize it is definatly the wrong size and the frame must have been miss marked. So I get on the phone with Raleigh and sure enough this baby is a 57cm. So now I have to take it all apart and wait for the right size to come, hopefully the other one shows up as the right size and before cross season is over. On the bright side the bikes look great seem solid. I don't know what I am going to do for next weekend, maybe I will use my BMX.

After feeling crapy, having back trouble, not being able to train, and having no bikes I was ready to throw in the towel for cross season. But I guess I will ride out the storm and maybe put some form together for late season cross.

At least I got to play with Eva all day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there bg this is your event and it will come

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home