Sunday, September 24, 2006

powerless on the tarmac

I'm on a roll updating the blog.
Saturday night we headed up the the Harvest Moon Festival in Ogden. Rode around in circles for an hour listening to a bunch of sissies bicker, I haven't missed much focusing on the MTB. Sometimes I wish mountain bike racing was not so hard, then more of these road boys could go to a race without having to argue. I must say that some of those guys can go seriously fast on flat smooth ground, not me. All in all I got a good work out and paid for trip.

Linde talked me into racing the cross bike in Poki this am, it was a good season opener. The course was tough, all on slow bumpy grass with some good hills. I did my first barriers of the year. The fields were impressively sized and it was good to see my buddy Feldman. I also won an EPO blanket and mug plus a little cash. Still need a little work on the old cross bike but I should get it polished up this week, then I should start seeing some new ones.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drove past the Poki race and thought of you from the comfort of my car. I was trying to figure out how they made a course out of a baseball field. Looked tough.

7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure which is the better insult "sissies bicker" or
"fast on flat, smooth ground". The second is more of a backhanded compliment, so I'll go with that.
Good stuff.
RB

11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you at any of the "real" road races like Tour de Gap or High Uintahs, is it that you can't race for more than two hours or that one race a week is too much? I guess a sissy road biker like myself should go back to mtn. biking--I miss racing 4 other guys and not needing strategy. Matt Campbell

5:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bart is pretty darn good on any bike... he doesn't need to prove it to you.
Don't ever get offended by internet blabber.
RB

11:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should probably avoid drinking before reading the blogs as well, I know Bart could kick my ass on any type of bike- mc

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

I have never had so many comments, I guess I just need to stir the pot a little more. I admit I did not race the road bike this year but it was not because I don't enjoy it. I have been dealing with a pesky nerve issue in my left leg and the road position seems to irritate it more than the mountain bike. Don't worry though, I will return to the land of the wheel sucker.

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home