Wednesday, July 02, 2008

trails

I am now sitting in a laundry in squamish, BC following stage 5. Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been busy. This race has been full of ups and downs which I can't even describe so I won't even try right now. I have been getting so good photos but no camera with me right now.

Anyway after our stage win on day 1 I came down with a cold (from Ohran) and some grumpy legs. We had some poor luck with a flat at the absolute worst time but were lucky to hold on to the jersey through day 2. Day 3 and 4 are a blur of suffering for me as I have been struggling with limited energy and sore legs. Today was by far the best course with nearly 4 hours of the best trail I have ridden in my life anywhere in the world. The last 30 min DH dropped close to 3000 ft on loamy goodness and I would bet the course crossed a couple hundred wood bridges and stunts.
The legs are still barking but I was able to pull it together a little better for 2nd on the stage behind the Kona boys. Sager tried to move a tree with his shoulder on the DH but as strong as he is riding a little handicap may actually help us.

2 more days of crazy vertical and trail then back to the girls, can't wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger chris and hollie mcgovern said...

keep up the fight. you guys killing it. So stoked for you guys

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home