Thursday, August 24, 2006

am I still a cyclist?

I try to keep a good share of the content on this blog cycling related, thus no updates lately. My mind and my time has been taken over by landscaping. The sprinkler system is done, the grading is nearly complete, and I unloaded 1 yard of soil this evening to till in before I lay sod. If you have never designed and installed a sprinkler system in hard mountain soil and crazy terrain changes you are missing out on one of the finer frustrations in life. i am now more patient and you should see the muscles in my back!

It won't be long and I will be laying the foundation for a solid cross season, assuming my left hip cooperates. After I get back on the bike for some miles I hope to hit up the DMV for some leg speed and intensity work.

The E100 is this weekend and I am sad to be missing this epic, although I am disappointed about all the course changes from the original as I will never be able to compare times. I plan to win this race again in the future but it will have to wait.
good luck to those firing it up this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home