Saturday, November 18, 2006

up to my elbows

So for the past week I have not had time to post. I have been up to my elbows in everything. Work, preparing to defend my doctoral project, teaching, family, sleep, battling USADA with my amazing attorney, and trying to find some power to salvage a poor lack luster cross season has left me with no spare time. Now I am just hanging out for an evening with Eva while Rosie is at an event, it is refreshing.

I have a ton to say but don't want to get into the details of my case just yet. I will say that life always boils down to the people, and I am surrounded by the absolute best. A huge thanks to my friends and family.

The highlight of the week might have been seeing a "Alaska" size bull moose on my way to work the other morning grazing in my neighbor's back yard. I snuck around the house and found him looking down at me about 15ft away. Huge Rack!

Yesterday after work I rode to Provo and found that it gets dark faster than I thought, or maybe I am just slower. It was nearly dark at the top of suncrest and I spent the next hour racin through the back streets of the UC hoping not to hit potholes. Today I put in a west mtn loop with the group ride.
I will either respond to this weeks training stimulus and go well for the last few cross races or I will find that I am ready for a winter break. This late in the year I don't always respond due to the months of abuse the MTB season dishes out, this year may be even worse as I have been plagued with some recent mental baggage , time will tell.
Either way, I am excited to get on the skate skis.

best of luck to those racing the big time cross this weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger flahute said...

Don't let the USADA vampires get you down ...

9:48 PM

 
Blogger UtRider said...

The Provo ride must have been fast today! It's not fair that you mountain bikers are just as fast on the road as you are on the dirt. I remember on of the Saturday rides last year that included your dad and brother where I was just dying on the run in to Payson (actually, now that I think of it, I was pretty much dead the entire ride). There's a false flat as you come into town, we had a slight headwind, and your brother was just chilling on the front while I hung on for dear life back behind. Good times.

11:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The PROvo ride is where it's at... I am glad the world is finally waking up.
RB

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Utah Mnt biker said...

No moose pics?

1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home