Tuesday, January 11, 2011

where's whipple?

I only make the effort to post on new or unusual adventures, something that I may want to look back at or may be interesting to someone else. I wish everyday was worthy but that's not realistic. Despite starting only 4 minutes from home, this morning was post-able.

Olympus


Cool ribs looking down into the Whipple Couloir

Enter.


Half way down with the Twins standing gaurd.

I don't know why everyone says the Whipple is so hard to find? We walked right up to the entrance and skied. Easy peasy lemon squeeze!



Andy enjoying frozen avy debri partially hidden by 4" of nothing.


Nice 1500' shot.

We flipped it at the bottom of the main chute and skinned and booted back out so we could hit a delightful little Northish facing chute off Wild Cat ridge.

2 new lines and 6k of skiing within view of home and then to work...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Is that a gorilla in the chute?

7:28 PM

 
Blogger Wilson Alpine said...

cool bart!

7:57 PM

 
Blogger SLC sherpa said...

Nope, it's that damn Korean lady again.

9:31 PM

 
Anonymous KDAY RACING said...

I'll pay you to take me there. Looks awesome.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

Kday- I have been hearing rumors of you on the hill. When are we going to get out?

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home