Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August

I have been racing bikes from March to December for many years, and although I love it I have wanted to scale back a bit and not feel like I have to race every weekend. Ultimately this will be better for the family and the form. So I took the opportunity after BC to get healthy again and then not race. I am feeling good now and have 2 solid weeks of training in. I wanted to race the final I-cup but decided to withstand the temptation and try to break myself for good.

I had a great weekend of training and then spent some time with the kids at the pool, kind of nice not to drag the family to a race for an all day deal. In the coming years I hope to do less racing overall but more quality events that I can prepare for. This will be more flexible for the family life and ultimately better racing.

August is going to busy as we are heading to Hawaii this afternoon and then Peru at the end of the month for some stage racing. Also hope to put together a good PCPP race in early September.

Going to ride some volcanoes!

6 Comments:

Blogger primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

you should attend R.A., racing anonymous, sounds like a problem. break the addiction.

12:12 PM

 
Blogger KanyonKris said...

I hiked Timp Saturday instead of raced or a big ride - the change was good.

BTW, a few posts back you mentioned a diabetic patient with a wound that isn't healing. Are you familiar with negative pressure (aka vacuum) wound technology? A guy I work with used to rep these products and they work wonders. If you need more info let me know, or the local rep would be a good resource. http://www.kci1.com/82.asp

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

I use wound vacs all the time.
thanks

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

I'm gun'n for you at the PCP2P. OK, maybe not. Good luck with the Stage Racing!

9:16 AM

 
Blogger flahute said...

We're (and of course, I mean the royal "we" because Matt probably won't let me actually implement it) already planning to give you a 1 lap handicap in the UTCX series this year ...

Figure making you start a lap down will be just the motivation you need to kick it over the top at Nationals ...

;-)

8:20 AM

 
Blogger N8Stowers said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home