Saturday, January 17, 2009

coalpit

More training on skis this morning. This time out with a new crew led by Andy Mclean. If your going to learn some new lines you might as well learn from the best and someone that has ski mountaineer on their business card.

3500" booter up the Y


Jared at the top of the Y with LCC road at the bottom


Andy and Fred skinning up the apron of the coalpit headwall



booting to the top of Thunder mtn with the twins and lisa falls beyond



view of the Phieff and the NW couloir


view of Lone Peaks NE face- big lines


Jared sizing up the coalpit headwall


Andy Jump turning the 50ish degree slope

roping over the waterfall on the exit

heading back to the road...

a nice loop!

During these long stretches of high pressure when I start to see packs of roadies venturing out of the basement for some "base miles", I start to wonder about my own bike fitness. Next weekend I am heading South for a binge of dirt riding and I will surely will find out.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, I don't think about cycling at all in the winter. Probably why I'm so far behind the eight ball when spring races start.

6:08 PM

 
Blogger Rick Sunderlage said...

I'm very jealous. Coalpit has been on my list of things to ski for years. I still haven't done it. How was the waterfall/rope section?

Nice one.

6:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks very fun, I have got to get into that and go tour sometime.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger ag said...

you should probably be worried about your bike fitness- you are usually pretty far behind at the start of the season... ha ha, right!

8:21 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

the waterfall was not bad and could likely be down climbed without a rope. We had one but did not have to use it because someone had left one behind anchored to tree on skiers left.

Sounds like you had a good time on Lone Peak but just a little more time than I had.
thanks again

4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home