Monday, August 11, 2008

over

Last week was possibly the busiest week at work I have ever experienced.

I was less than enthusiastic about the Evanston MTB race but we had made plans to go to the cabin at bear lake afterwards so I stayed the course. I was tired, but not from training so I decided to go into the race with no expectations and just ride my own steady pace, and that's just what I did. Not real fast, just steady and smooth. I ended up enjoying myself despite being tired and not feeling to hot.
That's a first, I didn't think it was possible to have fun racing without riding well.

Anyway, after a few years of winning the Icup overall I came up short of Alex to take second. With the Solitude race being moved to a later weekend I was not able to do as many races but am happy to be beat by AG as he had a great summer winning streak as was evident by his win in Evanston. Also, if you don't know or get to ride with AG he is one of the coolest cats around and I feel fortunate to call him a friend.
On a more successful note I did finally win the annual Evanston best legs contest, and it pays much better than the Icup overall!

Bear Lake was great, Rosie got in some training



Possibly the best picture of the summer!







No bike riding this week, time to get refreshed, moto to work!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hamel said...

Hi Bart, I enjoy your blog, I am 40 yrs old, father of 3 boys, schoolteacher,MTB racer, photographer. Cute pic of your little girl. I took the liberty to photoshop it a little and it is even better now. What email address could I send it back to ?

Best regards

Luc

5:59 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

Luc- good to hear from you
bartmang@hotmail.com

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's way cuter than her parents!

3:21 PM

 
Blogger ag said...

hey bart thanks for the kind words. nice work in the best legs contest. have fun on the moto!

12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home