Thursday, July 17, 2008

middle age rules



Eva was disappointed that I was not having a birthday party today so she decided to take maters into her own hands and planned one herself. Because she did not have a big crowd assembled to sing happy birthday she decided to tape herself singing and then replay it later while she sings along so it seems like more people are singing, brilliant!

When I talked to Mitch on the phone today after he just missed winning the U-23 national championship in Mt Snow I was wishing I was there and ready to race one of my favorite courses. It wasn't until I got home from work and was able to see Eva's excitement in wishing me happy birthday that I was reminded why I didn't go.

Surely anyone that has watched the tour is not surprised by the latest doping bust. On stage 9 when watching Ricco stand up for minutes on end with a high cadence up 10% grades at the end of a 4 hr day sprinting away from the best I told Rosie that this guy is not natural and will eventually be busted!

I like riding my bike more than ever!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Middle age does rule! I'm lovin it.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger jsager said...

happy birthday big dog.

10:03 PM

 
Blogger chris and hollie mcgovern said...

happy b-day bart

11:09 PM

 
Blogger brit said...

happy birthday, bartman! tell eva her bama girls say hi.

8:25 AM

 
Blogger KanyonKris said...

You're waaay too upbeat about getting older. Something's wrong with you. ;-)

9:16 AM

 
Blogger BrightEyes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Bob & Lyna

1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to scan another image. Velonews has three Monavie cyclists wading across a creek in BC.

5:13 PM

 
Blogger flahute said...

Middle-age my butt ... talk to me when you're in your 40s.

But I hope you've had an incredible birthday anyway.

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home