Saturday, August 11, 2007

1st road race of 07

Today I woke up and new it was going to be a long one, just had that feeling. I was dragging from a tough week. I did not disappoint and found my legs turning over like a old rusty crank shaft. I should have had the camera because I had plenty of time for pictures. I have never gone so slow on a climb in my life and found myself riding most of the race in no mans land. On the brighter side I did have one of the best afternoon naps of my life. A few more like that and I should be rolling again. Thanks to the Apostles for the nice diggs.
rest up!

3 Comments:

Blogger UtRider said...

If only my definition of slow was the same as yours. For some reason I'm having a hard time picturing you riding slow on anything!

I love afternoon naps but can't fall asleep at night if I've napped earlier in the day. Maybe I just need to train that particular weakness more.

7:37 PM

 
Blogger Eat Sleep MTB said...

I was hoping for a mtb vs. road showdown with Zabriskie. ;-)

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Faceless Ghost said...

I know how you feel. I got dropped from the break at the bottom of the second climb and had nothing left in the tank. I'd probably have gone faster if I'd just gotten of my bike and pushed it up the hill.

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home