Saturday, July 01, 2006

turned over

Pulled the plug 2 laps in, I could have plugged along at 75% and finished the race but instead I gave myself a little hope for an ok ride at the NORBA next weekend and dropped out of my first race this year. I hate dropping out of a race, not only does the confidence take a hit but I feel bad that my wife invested her Saturday into my racing and I bailed out. I am not really sure what happened but I new from warming up that I did not have the legs or energy to ride anywhere near my ability. When the legs are good the gears just turnover, today I got turned over. My hope is I am just a little tired from to much effort this week and after a few days good rest I can spring back and put together a solid effort at DV. I guess one bonus to bailing on the race is I got to play in the loamy mountain soil with Eva, nothing tastes better than black mountain dirt!
My spirits are a little down right now but I will be back to ride another day, that's racing, its hard. If it was easy it would be boring.
Props to fox for a stellar effort and jones for crashing 3 times and still taking the W.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's biking man. 1st place one week (at Sherwood), and the legs just aren't there the next. Good luck next week.

10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home