Monday, April 24, 2006

almost skunked

Yesterday I narrowly adverted being gunned down by a skunk while I was burning around the local roads on the MTB. As soon as it saw me it reared up on it's hind legs and raised it's tail, good thing for my quick acceleration or I may have been bathing in tomato juice. Also did a long hike with Eva in the back pack, pretty solid cross training. Today I stayed off the bike, no commuting, nothing, just to make sure I am fresh. It was a good day for it because it was snowing sideways when I left for work, fortunately no accumulation. I am not sure I would call 2 hours of clearing deadwood refreshing., but I did get a lot done. I have a good plane together for the singletrack around the house, it's going to take some time but when it's done people will be parking at the Gillespie trailhead (my driveway) to shred, I doubt I will have any stunts but it will have a mix of technical descents, free flowing berms, and some punchy climbs, a dream come true. Eva will be spoiled with world class trail without leaving the yard. I got to get a updated bio together for the Raleigh website and with the new team photos it should be up and running. Also need to get some bikes ready to sale, my shop is busting.
I hope to get in some short commuting efforts over the next few days, I want to keep some intensity going while staying fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home