Tuesday, October 14, 2008

horizontal sand

Another 24 hrs of Moab in the books, possibly my last....





I love the event but the cost to benefit ratio has got out of hand. 2 years in a row now with very few Pro teams and I am guessing it is due to high entry fees and low purse possibilities. I hate to leave the event behind because nothing defines why I ride bikes like burning a hot (cold) lap at 3 am in the desert under a blanket of stars, but the organization may be forcing me to find a new tradition.





Anyway, we had a good time and as you would expect the support crew makes all the difference. For 24 hrs all I had to do is worry about riding my bike around in the sand every few hours, thanks!





The Mona execs ripped some good laps and I was super impressed with the positive energy throughout the compound despite 40mph dust storm and cold temps. We have a quality crew!





The stella's had a good time






The compound




Tinker, Rose (tinkers mom), and Carl




That's how we roll




A couple hot laps for another king of the mountain title, that's a fast queen!

How can 2 laps be 1 second apart? My 2nd lap I felt better and was going faster into the brutal headwind sections but augured hard into a dirt wall and had to pick through more traffic so it ended up the same, or 1 second faster. Check out grannygear.com for real time results.


Also check out superhumanmag.com for some cool race footage including a little shot of me threading my favorite line on the course, nose dive! And tons of good tinker shots.

Found a jacket in the compound if anyone is missing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Whatever dude. It's not "over" until you ride the solo division. Only that will complete your legacy. . . . I dare you.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger Bart G said...

I have ridden solo before in Birmingham, England and learned that riding fast is what's fun. Solo is not fast, thus is not fun!
I ride bikes for fun.
I have been scheaming about a 5-6 canyon tour when the snow arrives.

11:46 AM

 
Blogger Dave Harris said...

spoken like a true cross guy! Nice line down nosedive, that is some sweet footage. I didn't think anyone rode that. I think I did in 95 or 96 but it was dark and I didn't know any better. It wasn't smooth like your line though.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Travis Labrum said...

Hey man congratz. that is pretty cool stuff... I have tried to get a hold of you other ways but cant. This will be my last time since I don't want to sound like a broken record.
Get back with me via email. i would love to see

Travislabrum@gmail.com

AKA Travis Seamons

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home