Saturday, May 19, 2007

i got learned/waxed

I think this is the first time ever I have sucked in a race and am not that disappointed, actually I kind of expected it after a week in Cali, a trial cleat position, and a sick little girl that has not slept for a couple nights. After the first lap I new I did not have any power so I turned off the gas and just cruised around to continue the testing. Today I learned allot and accomplished exactly what I set out to do.

Here is what I learned:
- The midfoot cleat position works well on smooth long sustained climbs and flats, possibly over long distances. Decreased power is a huge disadvantage in short events. Cross, short tracks, and MTB are out of the question. May be good for RAAM type events or sustained hillclimbs/TT's.
- Midfoot cleat does not accelerate or generate enough peak power when seated or standing to work well for general MTB racing, unable to maintain momentum on rollers.
-Midfoot cleat provides less shock absorption on rough terrain and does not accommodate terrain changes as well.
-Muscle use is very different and would possibly require allot of time to approach the efficiency and power of a normal position.
-For me the position places allot of strain on the low back.
-You can gain some improved stability by moving the cleats slightly behind the MTP without the negatives of the mid foot.
- I have now made a few small tweaks to my old position and am feeling good about it, I should be ready to go for Draper.

Although I never like to ride around a race course without putting forth a race effort I would not have been able to learn what I did without giving it a go, now I know and knowing is half the battle. I never want to be afraid to try new things.

Unfortunately we had to jet after the race because Eva was still having a hard time, we wanted to hit up the Sherwin's after party. Hope everyone had a good time.

cheers

3 Comments:

Blogger primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

ya u missed out. im sure you and sager will be throwin it down monday.

sundance weds. rip it.

12:27 AM

 
Blogger Team Rico said...

I get learned all the time! Its good for ya. I'm sure you will be ready to give me another lesson in Draper

9:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider your wall colors or rooms look for choosing
the best fan. Third type is named as ceiling fans with 3 lights and where the room is small it
is the most efficient option. so that they don't detract from the space in the room.

My webpage; ceiling fans with lights at menards

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home